Losing a significant bodyweight takes a lot of time and immense dedication. Of recent, there are readily-available garments that help one achieve the result to an extent without breaking your back. Shapewear and body shaper has been worn for a century with some people categorizing it as the biggest hoax of the fashion industry. With all controversies surrounding the use of shapewear, no one yet has refuted that its advantages far outweigh its cons. This article aims to enlighten you on how this fashion technology works.
Getting a flat tummy can be difficult. It is strenuous physically and mentally and no matter what you are wearing, whether a pair of jeans, a dress, or top, you’d always want to look your best. Imagine trying to suck in your belly, you’d notice that it will reduce the stomach small albeit temporary. Shapewear mimics the effect of sucking in your stomach by slightly flattening the area but without the stress of constant reminders to stay sucked in.
HOW DOES BODY SHAPER WORK?
Body Shaper works by pushing fat in and compressing your entire stomach area. This can temporarily shave a few inches off your stomach and waist. This undergarment is a wonder worker because even if you have a lot of fat on your stomach, your stomach will be compressed to look small.
HOW DOES SHAPEWEAR MAKE THE BODY SKINNY?
It makes the body skinny by sewing and/or knitting together a stretchy fabric that is cut into such a pattern that when worn, the finished undergarment nips and tucks the body.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS SHAPEWEAR IN SLIMMING THE BODY?
Shapewear is very effective in slimming the body. Properly fitted shapewear improves your posture, your confidence, and enhances the way you walk which gives you an all-over sleeker physique. With skimpy shapewear, excess fat can be pushed up over the waistband creating a slimmer look.
WHERE DOES THE FAT GO?
You must have pondered this question all along while reading this article. The fat moves into spaces where muscles are compressed such as the abs. The excess flap is condensed, the same way as when you push your hands on your belly to push in fat. According to other experts, if shapewear is well designed and of high-quality, the fat could come out in more sexy and appropriate places like your breast or cleavage.
ARE THERE DIFFERENT TYPES OF SHAPEWEAR?
Shapewear has moved from being the undergarment of choice to certain women in the society to a ubiquitous fashion item for anyone looking to shed weight. There are different types of shapewear and each works differently according to your body type. You can read our previous articles to know your body type and the best shapewear for you. There are…
- Body Shapers: As the name implies, this shapewear helps to sculpt the body, more specifically the torso area that includes the waist, hips, and tummy. They come in a variety of closures and styles from bum short, mid-thigh, knee-length to ankle length. It is suitable under outfits intended to accentuate the curves.
- Open-bust bodysuit: This is suitable for those who want to pair with their own intimates such as bras that have greater support. It is a great choice for nursing mothers who are using nursing bras. Best for people who wants to support and lift the breasts and can be worn under V-neck tops and dresses.
- Waist Trainers (Cinchers): Beauty standards have changed significantly and it keeps evolving. From the old victorian corsets to the more refined waist cinchers. It is worthy to mention that there is a major distinct between the waist trainer and the waist cincher. Both, however, gives an instant hourglass shape and can be worn mostly under everyday outfits.
- High-waist bottoms: This high waist shapewear does three things. Cinch the waist, tuck the tummy and snatch the thighs. Best for high-waist shorts and mini-skirts.
- Arm Shapewear: sometimes no matter how much we do biceps and triceps to get rid of the excess underarm flab, they don’t just go away. The arm shapewear helps to contour them.
MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT BODY SHAPER
One common misconception is that body shaper can shift or displace the internal organs. This is a complete myth derived from stories from those who have used extreme waist trainers or even steel-boned corsets. Extremely tight shapewear is not good for you. Shapewear should fit snugly against your body but should not dig into your skin or hurt.
In conclusion, shapewear is capable of reshaping your body gradually as it gives your midsection instant slimming. Think of shapewear as a tool to help you achieve the silhouette you seek, understanding that it takes consistency and perseverance to see the desired result.