No one likes to wake up to the reality that their skin has been invaded by the unsightly irregular dimples known as cellulite. Though non-life threatening or uncomfortable, it can be annoying and unattractive to people who suffer from it. Historically, this visually unappealing ailment has perturbed women (but very few males) in the hips, thighs, buttocks, triceps and lower abdomen regions. Somehow, most sufferers view it as mentally debilitating as the condition inhibits the natural enjoyment of the look of their bodies.
Generally, cellulite is a dimpling and uneven appearance on the skin that is sometimes referred to as the “orange peel effect or look”, due to its resemblance to an orange peel back. Cellulite is commonly seen on the hips, thighs and arms, buttocks, and abdomen in the body of those who suffer from it. The bad news is that there is no cure. No therapy will eliminate cellulite, but there are efficient methods for managing and improving problem regions.
In this article, we will compare two popular cellulite treatments: Endermologie v. VelaShape. These are two of the most effective cellulite treatments.
Understanding the Treatments: Velashape And Endermologie:
Although both are designed for the non-invasive treatment of cellulite, there are subtle differences in how the processes are carried out. Below are the points to note about both treatments.
- Endermologie is acknowledged as the cellulite treatment pioneer.
- Its effect can also induce body contouring results.
- It is the first non-invasive cellulite therapy authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The process is non-invasive and painless, involving physical stimulation (via mechanical massage) to firm up the skin and promote circulation, resulting in a temporary decrease of cellulite.
- This treatment is exceptionally soothing, plus it is similar to a full-body massage.
- Its benefits include helping to cleanse the body, improve skin tone and brightness, tighten the skin, and relieve muscle pains.
- Most importantly for weight watchers, Endermologie is more successful in maintaining weight loss efforts while following a balanced diet and exercise routine.
- It is also helpful to use after surgery to assist in improved surgical outcomes.
- Patients are expected to wear a specific body stocking during the treatment. At the same time, the practitioner massages the targeted regions using hand-held massaging equipment.
- Depending on the area(s) being treated, a single treatment might take 30 to 60 minutes. The number of treatments required depends on body type; so far, many patients will require one to two treatments each week to see satisfactory results.
- The procedure is painless hence requiring no downtime. Clients can quickly resume their routine activities following therapy.
- If the customer is uncomfortable, the pressure of the massage can be modified throughout the therapy.
- Expert practitioners often recommend six to ten sessions for apparent, significant outcomes. These sessions usually have results that last a few months.
- After the initial set of treatments, a single treatment is advised per month to maintain results. The number of treatments and possible future maintenance sessions is determined by the client’s desired goal and detailed at the doctor-patient consultation before the procedure.
- This is a non-invasive, painless, FDA-approved body contouring procedure used in cellulite treatment.
- Its technology employs a mix of heat, suction, rolling, infrared light, and radiofrequency to tighten and tone problem areas and minimize cellulite visibility.
- Each session feels like a warm, deep tissue massage. It’s typical to feel warm in the treated regions for a few hours following the procedure.
- There is no substantial discomfort or downtime.
- VelaShape is great for those who want to burn off the stubborn fat and target cellulite-prone regions that eludes diet and exercise.
- The process works by gently heating fat cells surrounding connective tissue and the dermal collagen fibres beneath the skin.
- The result of this treatment’s mix of technology is the production of new collagen and elastin, resulting in tighter skin, reduced body volume, and an overall improvement in the structure and texture of the skin.
- Most patients notice that the treated regions may appear pink for a few hours after treatment.
- Expert practitioners advise that a series of VelaShape treatments can significantly reduce cellulite and create the illusion of firmer, tighter skin in the treated regions.
- Substantial results are seen after three to four sessions, with each treatment spaced one week apart.
- Depending on body type, some people may see an improvement after just one session.
Comparing the Distinctions: Endermologie Vs Velashape.
Having understood the definitions and processes involved with each procedure, let’s consider the distinctions: Both VelaShape and Endermologie are non-invasive body sculpting procedures that are painless and highly soothing, yet they have significant differences.
Endermologie employs a mechanical massage that mechanically rolls the skin and stimulates skin cells with a specific two-roller vacuum head. It increases lymphatic drainage, fat cell shrinkage, and collagen & elastin formation, resulting in healthier-looking skin. To help with fat loss, cellulite reduction, and skin tightening by improving blood circulation. It is primarily utilized as a cleansing/flushing therapy to aid in the removal of oedema, blood flow, digestion, fluid retention, and scar tissue disintegration.
Known as the Kim Kardashian treatment of choice, the VelaShape treatment comprises three components: a vacuum and mechanical system, radiofrequency energy delivery, and infrared light. It targets cellulite reduction, skin tightening, and girth or circumferential reduction using heat, suction, rolling, infrared light, and radiofrequency. Like Endermologie, it employs rollers and suction to massage the deepest layers of skin and fat.
A critical distinction is that Endermologie works with deep tissue massage without long-lasting results. At the same time, Velashape uses deep tissue massage plus infrared plus radiofrequency hence it requires fewer treatments than endermologie. Endermologie uses a mechanical system that uses a roller device to minimize cellulite and intercellular oedema, and it is one of the earliest cellulite-reduction methods known. Velashape is a much more excellent option for most specialists than Endermologie since it uses radiofrequency energy and infrared light to heat the tissues and allow skin tightening and cellulite treatment.
The FDA has authorized VelaShape for both cellulite and circumferential reduction. The heat is believed to tighten and thicken the skin and dissolve some of the bulging fat beneath it. The dimple-causing connective tissue is broken apart by high-pressure RF pulses.
Remember, no matter how good these treatments sound on the internet, they do not cure cellulite. You do not have to undergo any of the treatments; if you do not want to, you know you are beautiful just as you are. However, it is understandable if you would love to improve your bikini bod. If this is the case, carefully consider your options. Speak with your specialists and discuss every concern or uncertainty regarding your outcomes before undergoing the treatment.
Some VelaShape clients have achieved faster results with fewer sessions. In addition, specific medical issues suffered by some patients automatically make Endermologie a better option for them. While you decide on when to undergo any treatment options, do not forget to get quality shapewear or bodysuit to your needs and showcase your beautiful curves. Cheers to an awesome you!